Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Images and Gratitude

Anne-Marie Davidson, PNWD Con Consultant

It is hard to translate what my heart wants to say to my typing hands, so I will try to translate the images...

When I first get to Con, during setup, I see this map in my head, with the Con site in the middle of it. Around it is our district, and all along the roadways and freeways and lines on that map are vehicles: cars, vans, one very rowdy bus, and they are all driving toward Con, all on their way there, full of expectation, anticipation, apprehension. When they arrive, they will see we are there, waiting for them, ready to welcome them; they will know that this is where they want to be.

In my mind, during con, I see this spiderweb. The spiderweb is my mental map, the connections that form the weekend. Some are people, some are tasks, some are events, some is time... it is vast and beautiful, interconnected, fragile.

Between people, I see the light within each of us reaching out toward others, sometimes tentatively, sometimes readily. With our affirmations of one another, those energies touch and interact and grow until that inner light becomes our halo, surrounding us in light.

This is what you mean to me. You are the welcomers. You create the web, form the connections, send energy that strengthens. You are the light bearers, illuminating the path for others, helping them find their own... you are why this conmunity is what it is.

I am ever grateful for all that you do, in this community, and for all your acts of service.

The very long list of thank yous:

Deans: Nick T & Elissa M

Spirit Corps Captains: Devon B & Riley H

Con Chair: Annie S

Worship: Lydia P & Emma C

Touch Groups: Martina H and Alice R

Workshops: Libby H and Ava K

Registrar: Seriah M

T-shirts: Emma R

Mug Books: Emily L

Site ops / No-Talent Show Host: Logan G

Chaplains: Quinn H & Lorelei P (youth), Kristin D and Job R (adults)

Adult Advisors/Helpers: Ann C, Erin Z, Erich B, Liz S, Amanda R, Eric V

Head Sponsor: Ward R

Nurse: Sharon T

Workshop leaders (not already mentioned): Jeff P, Bill F, Barrie O, Kevin C, Tracy Y, Andy B

Newcomer Orientation Leaders: Owen H and Kevin P

Touch Group Leaders (not already mentioned): Helena K, Sara B, Ben K, Hannah H, Cass B, Elizabeth H, Ethan R, Fernando K, Audry F, Sasha I, Zoe V, Laura J, Dane M, Jake B, Leigh F, Veronica S, Abbie G, Ian G, Brenna Y, Taylor O, Erika D, Makayla V, Kati H

Sponsor sitters (not already mentioned): Haven B, Carson P, Lewis B

That’s 63 people, and I didn’t even get to those who served on Spirit Corps.

To any and all of you who served this weekend, or whom I may have inadvertently forgotten: THANK YOU!


This article is from CONtext

No comments:

Post a Comment